Batteries Plus is your headquarters for replacement Toyota Land Cruiser batteries, headlight bulbs and more. Shop our selection of top-quality replacement batteries from Duracell, Optima and X2Power. Then, visit our Automotive Center for headlight bulbs, windshield wiper blades and other important essentials.
Looking for additional services? Visit your nearest Batteries Plus for:
- Free auto battery testing
- Free installation with auto battery purchase (valid at participating locations, on most vehicle makes & models)
- Key cutting & key fob replacement (valid at participating locations only)
What to Consider When Replacing a Car Battery
Follow these steps before you begin shopping for a replacement battery:
- Looking up your Land Cruiser's BCI group battery size in your owner's manual or by checking online.
- Find the recommended CCA rating for your Land Cruiser - CCAs tell you how well a battery will perform in subzero temperatures.
- Do not buy a battery with a lower than recommended CCA rating. If you want a battery that is easier to start in cold weather, it's perfectly fine to buy one with a higher CCA rating.
Determine Whether You Need a Flooded or AGM Battery
There are two different types of auto batteries: flooded and AGM. Some vehicles require an AGM battery. If your Land Cruiser came from the factory with an AGM battery, you must replace it with another AGM option. If it originally had a flooded battery, you can replace it with another flooded battery or upgrade to an AGM battery.
Flooded Batteries are:
- More affordable than AGM batteries upfront, but do not last as long as AGM batteries
- Not fully sealed and may require you to top off the electrolyte inside with distilled or deionized water.
AGM Batteries are:
- More costly upfront, but are designed to last 2-3X longer than a flooded battery, which can save you money in the long run.
- Fully sealed and require no additional maintenance.
- More powerful than flooded batteries, allowing you to start your engine more easily in extremely hot and cold climates.