Lithium Ion Cordless Tool Batteries
Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) batteries are now the primary power source for newer tools. Here are some benefits of using Li-Ion.
- Li-Ion is noticeably lighter in weight and more compact in size. Less weight means less fatigue, especially for those hand-above-the-shoulder jobs.
- Faster Charging. Li-Ion batteries can handle roughly 800-1000 charges and do not need to be discharged before recharge. They can be charged quicker and will hold their charge longer while not in use.
- Li-Ion batteries are more efficient than other chemistries and provide more power, and torque in the same tool.
- A Green solution. Li-Ion batteries contain no toxic chemicals and are fully recyclable.
- If you switch to Li-Ion, be sure your charger is compatible before charging.