With a variety of light bulbs and types of lighting to choose from, understanding the differences between each option can be challenging, but don't worry – we're here to help you figure it out! For the commercial contractor, business operator, and homeowner alike, Batteries Plus Bulbs is your trusted source for lighting products, and we'll assist you in identifying the right bulbs and lighting solutions for your needs.
Explore our full selection of bulbs and lighting products, or shop by the type of room or light fixture to find the right fit. Learn more about your light bulb options below.
Shop Light Bulbs
Shop Other Lighting Products
Find Your Light Bulb
Jump to your category quickly.
Light Bulb Buying Guide
When it comes to purchasing a light bulb, you can choose the brightness, tone, and level of energy-efficiency. Ask yourself the following questions when selecting bulbs so you can make the best choice for your space:
Where will the bulb go?
Are you replacing a light bulb for your ceiling fan or bathroom vanity? Do you need the bulb for a specific location, such as a refrigerator, oven, or car? We carry bulbs for headlights, taillights, brake lights, overhead lights, and interior lights to fit many popular car and truck brands and models. Look for even more commercial options, including emergency exit lighting, security lights, work lights, and more.
Examine the bulb you're replacing for pertinent information, such as its brand name and wattage, to determine the requirements of the fixture.
Light bulbs feature different sizes and shapes, too. Having the right shape, size, and base type ensures the bulb will screw into your fixture properly.
What wattage do you need?
If you can't identify the wattage on the bulb you’re replacing, check the fixture. Common residential fixtures, such as ceiling fans and overhead lights, are rated to work with a specific wattage. The most typical wattage used in household fixtures is 60w. Commercial fixtures may require a higher wattage bulb.
Which light bulb technology do you prefer?
Light bulbs come in a variety of technologies, and some are more energy efficient than others. The most popular types of light bulbs include:
- LED. Much more energy efficient than traditional lighting, LED bulbs feature a lifespan of 15-20 years and are recyclable, making them a great option for residential and commercial use.
- Halogen. These long-lasting lights produce a bright white light and use the same amount of power as incandescent bulbs.
- Fluorescent. Often used in offices, workshops, and warehouses, fluorescent bulbs are ideal for many commercial uses, as they’re typically designed with a tube shape and are more energy efficient than incandescent bulbs.
- CFL. Compact fluorescents are smaller versions of traditional fluorescent bulbs and emit similar lumen outputs as incandescent bulbs.
Upgrade Your Existing Light Fixtures
Upgrading to an LED light fixture is a practical way to decrease power costs and improve aesthetics. Batteries Plus Bulbs carries a large inventory of designs and features to meet your lighting needs, including:
- Recessed lighting. Since recessed lighting takes up less visual space, it can make any room or space appear bigger.
- Strip lights. Great for accent, task, and decorative lighting, the flexibility of strip lights allows for easy installation and efficient light distribution in homes and commercial spaces.
- Canopy lighting. Save on space without sacrificing powerful illumination with canopy lighting. Typically used in parking garages, gas stations, and other commercial applications, canopy lights are resistant to tampering.
- Floodlights. An excellent source of bright white light, floodlights are useful in many areas, including playgrounds, sports fields, house perimeters, and stadiums. Floodlight bulbs are long-lasting and impervious to temperature fluctuations.
- Security lights. A well-lit area increases the safety of any property, and energy efficient LED security lights require little maintenance yet add tremendous peace of mind.
Whether you're looking for replacement bulbs or to upgrade your light fixtures, we've got you covered. Shop our light bulbs and lighting selection for residential, auto, and commercial use online today, or visit your neighborhood Batteries Plus Bulbs store, and we'll be happy to help pick out the products you need.
While you’re here, browse our selection of batteries to power all your needs, including car & truck batteries, boat batteries, SLA and golf cart batteries and many more. You’ll also find chargers, including phone chargers, car chargers, SLA battery chargers and more. Plus, accessories for your phone, emergency lighting, flashlights and booster cables and other accessories. You can also take advantage of certified phone repair, including iPhone and Samsung Galaxy screen repair, as well as key fob programming and replacement, tablet & laptop repair, watch battery installation and much more.