My Account Log In or Register
My Store Choose a Store
My Cart View cart
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not increase the chances of winning. This sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
1. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to those who are: 1) 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry; and 2) have a valid Facebook or Instagram account. The National Battery Day Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Batteries Plus, LLC ("Sponsor"). All employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers, (collectively the "Employees"), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the participant ("You" or "Participant") agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as they relate to the content of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the rules of the Sweepstakes in any way at any time, subject to state or federal law.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on February 10, 2020 at 12:01am PDT and ending February 17, 2020 at 11:59pm PDT (the "Sweepstakes Period.") All entries must be received by February 17, 2020 at 11:59pm PDT.
4. How to Enter: You can enter the Sweepstakes by liking Batteries Plus Bulbs Facebook page and providing your email.
One entry per person is permitted, however identical entries will be rejected for entry in the Sweepstakes.
By entering the Sweepstakes, You represent and warrant that the material you submit with Your Entry is Your original work of authorship and does not violate any third party's proprietary or intellectual property rights; that You are the sole author and creator of the content; and that You have obtained the consent of any other person featured in the content You further represent and warrant that You own and have the right to convey all right, title and interest in the content You submit with Your Entry.
You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple accounts, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, Your Entry may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, misdirected, late, unsent, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries or for inaccurate information included on any Entry, whether caused by You or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the transmittal of any entry or the processing of any function on Your computer system. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar response methods will void all such Entries submitted by such methods. You must notify Sponsor of any changed contact information within the Sweepstakes Period to remain eligible to win.
5. Prizes: The winner of the Sweepstakes will receive a year's supply of batteries ((48) AA, (54) AAA, (12) 9V, (12) C & (12) D cells). The approximate retail value of the total prizes is $101.92. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Sponsor.
The chances of winning depend on the number of Entries received. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent is permitted, except by Sponsor due to prize availability and then with a prize of equal or greater value.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: One winner will be selected in a random drawing on February 18, 2020. The winner will be notified by a Sponsor representative via Facebook or Instagram message or email during the week of February 18th, 2020. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner's failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings, or for any winner's provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Potential winner must respond within 48 hours of being contacted by Sponsor. If Sponsor requests, each winner must also sign a liability and publicity release, allowing Sponsor to use the winner's Entry and name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information. Failure to complete these forms may result in forfeiture of the prize. Sponsor will make the final determination of identity of the potential winner in its sole discretion. In the event that a winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may select an alternate winner at random from the remaining participants. Receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Terms & Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sponsor's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such a case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Official Rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by a Participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Instagram, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) Your participation in the Sweepstakes and Your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
9. Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Wisconsin, and the parties hereby consent to the jurisdiction of said court. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney's fees, other than Participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. Winner List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 1325 Walnut Ridge Drive, Hartland, WI 53029. Requests must be received no later than February 17, 2021 at 5pm PST.
By reviewing these rules, You, the Participant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
If you have any questions regarding the Sweepstakes, please contact Sponsor at 1325 Walnut Ridge Drive, Hartland, WI 53029.