With a selection designed to meet or beat original equipment specifications for cold cranking amps (CCA), reserve capacity (RC), and amp-hour (Ah), you get the motorcycle battery you need for your next cruise on the open road.
Flooded lead acid batteries are the most affordable motorcycle battery, but tend to have shorter lifespans than AGM or lithium batteries. They also require additional maintenance.
Since flooded batteries are not completely sealed, they lose water due to evaporation when they are recharged. If you have a flooded battery, you may need to offset this water loss by periodically adding distilled or deionized water. Otherwise, the battery's plates can become corroded, shortening the battery's lifespan.
No matter what type of battery you choose for your motorcycle, it won't work properly if it isn't maintained properly, especially during the off-season. Follow these tips to maintain and get the longest life possible out of your battery.
1. Keep It Charged - Use a battery charger to maintain your motorcycle battery during the off-season or other long periods of inactivity.
Note: Lithium batteries have a low self-discharge rate and may require less charging maintenance during the off-season. Keep your lithium battery at around 50% when storing it for long periods of time.
2. Use the right charger - It's important that you select one that matches the voltage and chemistry of your motorcycle battery.
Example: 12-volt AGM charger goes with a 12-volt AGM battery.
3. Avoid overcharging - Overcharging your motorcycle battery can shorten its life. Prevent this by using a battery maintainer or a charger with an automatic shut-off.
4. Water your battery - If you have a flooded battery, periodically check and top off the electrolyte inside with distilled or deionized water.
Note: Do not attempt to do this with an AGM or lithium battery.
5. Keep terminals free of corrosion - Clean off corrosion on the battery terminal using a battery terminal brush and a mixture of baking soda and water. Protect the terminals with an anti-corrosion spray.