Top 5 Things You Should Always Have In Your Car
- by Joe Weber
- updated on
You spend a lot of time in your car driving to work and back, visiting friends and family, going to sporting events, and for so many more reasons. We use our cars as our mobile offices, taxis and sometimes it is just a place to sit and relax during a lunch break. There are a few things that you should always keep in your car. Keep reading to discover how Batteries Plus can keep your car equipped with the necessary equipment for a successful driving experience.
What Items Must I Have In My Car
Every car should at least have these five things for everyday needs and emergencies.
- Jumper Cables are a must in any car. Keep booster cables in your trunk that way you always have them available if you or someone you know needs a jump.
- Jump Starters are the next step up from cables and a lot of times are small enough to fit in your glove box. Jump starters are a great way to jump your car in the morning without the need to have a second car nearby.
- Phone Cords are a necessity in this day-in-age. When we use our phones for listening to music, GPS and talking, keeping them charged or connected to the car with chargers and cords is a must.
- Power Inverters are a necessary piece of equipment if you use a laptop in your car or need to plug in chargers for digital cameras that require a standard three prong outlet. Charge and use your laptops in your car with handy power inverters that are compact and easy to use.
- Flashlights will help you in more ways than you think. Yes, you should have them in your car for nighttime emergencies but you can also use flashlights to help find things in your glove compartment or center console where it may be darker.
Batteries Plus Can Also Help You Find
- Late night drives and road trips can be ruined with a burned out headlight. Not to mention the possibility of a traffic citation. Shop our great selection of light bulbs, both interior and exterior, for your car or truck.
- Have you ever had your key fob battery die while you are out running errands? Yeah, it's annoying. Stop into Batteries Plus to stock up on key fob batteries so if this happens you can quickly pop a new battery in and be on your way.
- Blown fuses can cause all sorts of problems for you and your vehicle. It's always a good idea to keep a variety of fuses in your glove box just in case you need to swap one out.
- Driving in the rain with bad windshield wipers is not only a distraction, it can also be dangerous. Replace your wiper blades at the first sign of streaking to avoid reduced visibility in the rain.
Is There Anything Else That I Should Keep In My Car?
It's always a good idea to keep a few extra things in the trunk for those "just in case" situations. Now, we obviously never want to need to use these items but it's better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.
- First-aid kit
- Escape tool/seatbelt cutter
- Bug spray and sunblock
- Multi-tool or small toolkit
- Flares or reflective emergency triangles
J.D. Power has a great list of items that everyone should have in their car. If you'd like to start building your own car emergency kit , this is a great place to start.
Make Batteries Plus Your First Stop For Automotive Needs
Batteries Plus is more than just batteries. See all of the things we have to help you with your automotive needs in our Automotive Center. With summer coming quickly, learn tips to help make your battery last longer in the hot summer months in "Top 5 Car Battery Maintenance Tips For Summer Weather".