Are Optima Batteries Worth It?
- by Joe Weber
- updated on
The History of Optima Batteries
Optima has been manufacturing some of the most well-known, most reliable and most technically advanced Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries on the market for over 40 years. Optima was the first to market to introduce maintenance-free lead-acid batteries for the US Military. Since then, Optima Batteries have become the battery of choice for enthusiasts around the world. Optima Batteries offers starting batteries for your car, truck, boat or RV and deep-cycle batteries to replace your boat's deep-cycle or RV house batteries.
How Are Optima Batteries Manufactured?
When you put all of your time and energy into one thing, it's going to be amazing. Clarios, a world leader in energy solutions, has a manufacturing plant in Monterrey, Mexico that makes one thing and only one thing; Optima batteries. All day, every day, the Optima team and all of the equipment in the facility are dedicated to the research, development, and manufacturing of Optima batteries.
Benefits of Optima Batteries
- Patented SPIRALCELL TECHNOLOGY® using two 99.9% pure virgin lead plates tightly coiled to deliver more power than traditional flat plate AGM batteries giving Optima batteries their unique "6-Pack" design.
- The Optima YELLOWTOP battery with PUREFLOW TECHNOLOGY® is one of the only batteries on the market that is truly dual-purpose for automotive applications and perfect for newer cars and trucks with a lot of electrical demands.
- Optima REDTOP batteries feature some of the highest cranking characteristics for lead-acid batteries, wiping out the competition of other AGM batteries in the market.
- With two options, Optima BLUETOP Marine batteries provide the solutions to all marine battery needs. A dedicated marine starting battery (dark gray case) with high cranking capabilities and a dual-purpose (light gray case) which can be used as a true deep-cycle with extremely high cranking power.
- Have a 3x longer lifetime compared to traditional lead-acid batteries.
- Performs incredibly well in extreme environments with a wide range of operating temperatures.
- Optima batteries are completely sealed, non-spillable and maintenance-free.
- Mounting options are endless for custom applications. Can mount in many positions, just not upside down.
- All Optima batteries have an exceptionally long service life and come with 36-month (24 for commercial use) warranties on YELLOWTOP and REDTOP batteries and a 24-month (12 for commercial) warranty on Bluetop batteries.
- Most Optima AGM batteries, when properly cared for, can last 5 years or more before needing to be replaced but this does greatly depend on the application, use, care, etc.
Optima Batteries Are the Ultimate Power Source for Your Vehicles and RVs
If you are ready to take your car, truck, boat, RV or project car to the next level then look no further than Optima. Optima batteries have proven themselves time and time again to be the absolute best on the market for high-performance battery solutions. With batteries to fit most vehicles, they have a solution for any application.
Shop Optima Batteries at Batteries Plus
Batteries Plus is home to your local battery experts. We can supply a replacement battery for all of your vehicles, from your car, truck or boat with an extensive selection of Optima batteries to fit your needs. Also, check out our X2Power line of automatic chargers that will work with your new Optima battery. Stop into a store today to take advantage of convenient services like battery testing, battery installation, and key fob programming.
Be sure to follow the Batteries Plus Blog to learn more about car and truck batteries with topics like "What Causes Battery Sulfation and Corrosion?" and "What are VRLA Batteries?"