Tips on How to Create Mood Lighting
Although the color used has the main effect on the mood your lighting creates, its brightness is important too. Stronger, whiter lights provide more energy and precision. On the other hand, lower light levels are more soothing, warming and romantic.
You can harness this effect to create mood lighting with the following tips:
- Avoid using a single overhead light fixture with one strong bulb, as the glare and shadows this can create is tiring on both the eye and mind. Instead, use several less-powerful lights placed carefully around the room.
- Use frosted bulbs with a lower wattage than you’d normally use to get a gentler glow.
- Install a dimmer switch so you can change the lighting levels provided by a single light fixture depending on the mood you want to create.
- Choose the light bulb's strength and color by room. For example, bathroom lighting should energize in the mornings, while bedroom lighting should help bring on sleep opens in new window.
- Install colored wall lamps to complement a regular overhead light and provide an atmospheric backdrop that's not distracting.
Whether you're looking to create a warm and cozy living room or a mentally stimulating study, your choice of lighting matters. At Batteries Plus Bulbs, we stock bulbs of all types and colors to suit every situation and we can offer friendly expert advice on any aspect of your lighting needs.