Even with 25 years of steady growth, we know that future success is not guaranteed. We understand that we need to continue to grow and improve, and as such, are responsible for helping each other grow. Batteries Plus Bulbs has a specific line item budget for employee training and development. On average, we plan for 16-20 hours of employee training and development for each employee on a yearly basis.
Batteries Plus Bulbs has an online learning management program, Quest, that provides hundreds of training modules about light bulbs and batteries. Hourly associates receive approximately 19 online and 20 in-store hours of training. Corporate learning may be provided through Quest, or trusted training partners and includes:
- New Hire Orientation
- Management Skills
- Sexual Harassment
- OSHA and DOT regulation training
- Computer Skills
- Sales/business development
- Negotiation skills
- Accounting fundamentals
- Quality Methodologies
- Communication skills
In order to make sure we continue to pursue innovation and create new ways to sell and drive profits, Batteries Plus Bulbs measures commitments and achievements relating to our mission and values:
- Quantifiable goals are documented
- Goals are clearly described to employees
- Goal-achieving activities are documented
- Year-over-year results are measured
- Board of Directors or other governing body reviews goals and results
- Employee Performance Management measures employee performance related to goals
- Employees receive documented annual and mid-year evaluations that focus on "look back" performance and "look forward" goal setting.
- Store sales are displayed, communicated and trained on a regular basis. All associates are informed of the goals met.
- Distribution center associates know the pick, pack and ship metrics to ensure efficiency.